Or T-BON for short. The acronym will catch on.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday

So I had to call the DMV today. Something I had been avoiding for quite some time. However, I was pleasantly surprised that my hold time came in at under twenty minutes. That's a first. What is more, the lady I spoke too was actually very polite and helpful.

She must be new.

I'll call back in a week and see if she's become as rude as all the others (and who could blame her if she has). Annoyingly, the information she gave me was not what I wanted to hear. Seems selling my father-in-law's car is going to be more difficult than I had hoped. The reasons being that
  • The title is in his name
  • He never had the lien released after paying down the loan.
  • He is now in a little plastic container in my living room, awaiting a scattering on the beach.

No huge deal. Just more paperwork and the Grand Am will need to stay on the driveway a bit longer.

Had a bathroom emergency on the way to Evan's swim class today. Had to come home and he never got to swim. Mommy is home now, so she can take him tomorrow.

Stopped by McDonald's drive through for the kids dinner (rare treat). The loud speaker says to me "Welcome to McDonald's. The ice cream maker is broken, so there is no ice cream. Can I take your order please?". I placed my order and when asked if I would like anything else, I responded with a request for ten ice creams. Though cracked up by my own humour, I foolishly expected to hear a reciprocal laugh from the loud speaker. Alas, no. Just a reiteration of the previous, and I expect scripted, line "The ice cream maker is broken, so there is no ice cream". There was no further mention of this verbal exchange when I arrived at Window #1.

It was at the McDonald's on Foothill, by Ralph's if anyone wants to head over there and wind the man up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers